- 1275 produces classic British bitters with a rich, complex flavor profile
- Light malt character, low fruitiness, low esters, clean and well balanced
- Activator Smack-Pack System™ “proofs” the yeast and shortens lag time when it hits your wort
- When smacked, the Activator™ packet releases sugars and nutrients to initiate the culture’s metabolism
- Wyeast has been a pioneer in craft brewing for over 35 years and is committed to creating the finest fermentation products available
- Although beneficial, cultures do not need to be activated prior to inoculation
The Thames Valley strain is great for most classic English styles. Perfectly suited for a bitter, ESB or Brown ale. This strain will craft you a rich and easy drinking English ale, even at room temperature!
This strain produces classic British bitters with a rich, complex flavor profile. The yeast has a light malt character, low fruitiness, low esters and is clean and well balanced.
Flocculation: Low Medium
Alcohol Tolerance: 10%
Optimum Fermentation Temp: 62-72°F
Cell Count: 100 Billion
Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale)
Foreign Extra Stout
Northern English Brown Ale
For best results we always recommend ordering an ice pack with your liquid yeast.