- WLP090 is a low ester producing strain known for quick fermentations and producing a neutral flavor and aroma profile similar to WLP001
- Produces very dry beers with increased perceived bitterness—recommended for double IPAs, barleywines, ciders, and mead
- PurePitch® Next Generation offers a precise cell count across all strains so you can calculate the exact pitch rate you need for every batch
- Scan the barcode on the back of the package and enter your wort stats into the Pitch Rate Calculator
- White Labs Yeast has been producing high-quality brewer’s yeast since 1995 and continues to raise the bar in the art of fermentation
- Don’t need a full package? Put the lid back on and store in the refrigerator for your next batch!
A super clean, super-fast fermenting strain. A low ester-producing strain that results in a balanced, neutral flavor and aroma profile. Alcohol-tolerant and very versatile for a wide variety of styles. Similar to California Ale Yeast WLP001 but it generally ferments faster.
PurePitch® Next Generation—now with more yeast, get a foolproof fermentation without a starter! Just twist the cap & pitch!
Why PurePitch Next Gen versus other options?
Typically yeast manufacturers use a range for how many yeast cells are going into each package. This can vary widely, especially from strain to strain. Next Gen offers a far more precise cell count across all strains allowing you to use the Whitelabs exclusive pitch calculator. Simply scan the barcode on the back of each package to be taken to their online calculator. Enter the volume, strength, and pitching temperature of the wort you are fermenting and the calculator tells you exactly how much yeast to pitch. You will be fermenting like a professional brewer, using the same concentration of yeast every time and enjoying more consistent results. Don’t need a full package? Put the lid back on and store in the refrigerator for your next batch. Whitelabs has also increased the viability (the number of living cells in the package) over the shelf life of the yeast. Next Gen strains are grown in their unique, small-batch reactors to assure freshness and then packaged in a special film that allows for off-gassing, assuring that their viability is absolutely industry leading.
Flocculation: Medium to High
Alcohol Tolerance: 5-10% ABV
Optimum Fermentation Temp: 65-68°F
Cell Count: 150 Billion