- WLP500 is sourced from a Belgian monastery and is ideal for Belgian quads, tripels and dubbels due to its high alcohol tolerance
- Produces characteristic notes of plum and cherry with a hint of bubble gum
- PurePitch® Next Generation offers a precise cell count across all strains so you can calculate the exact pitch rate you need for every batch
- Scan the barcode on the back of the package and enter your wort stats into the Pitch Rate Calculator
- White Labs Yeast has been producing high-quality brewer’s yeast since 1995 and continues to raise the bar in the art of fermentation
- Don’t need a full package? Put the lid back on and store in the refrigerator for your next batch!
From one of the six Trappist breweries remaining in the world, this yeast produces the distinctive fruitiness and plum characteristics. An excellent yeast for high gravity beers, Belgian ales, dubbels and trippels. If you’re trying to clone Chimay this is the yeast you want to go with. Pitch at 66-68°F and let it rise up 1-2 degrees per day and hold it at 72-75°F for 7-14 days. This yeast can dry out a beer no problem. With a starting gravity beer of 1.080 SG we recommend using 8g Fermaid K (AD345) in conjunction with this yeast during the first 24-48 hours after pitch.
PurePitch® Next Generation—now with more yeast, get a foolproof fermentation without a starter! Just twist the cap & pitch!
Why PurePitch Next Gen versus other options?
Typically yeast manufacturers use a range for how many yeast cells are going into each package. This can vary widely, especially from strain to strain. Next Gen offers a far more precise cell count across all strains allowing you to use the Whitelabs exclusive pitch calculator. Simply scan the barcode on the back of each package to be taken to their online calculator. Enter the volume, strength, and pitching temperature of the wort you are fermenting and the calculator tells you exactly how much yeast to pitch. You will be fermenting like a professional brewer, using the same concentration of yeast every time and enjoying more consistent results. Don’t need a full package? Put the lid back on and store in the refrigerator for your next batch. Whitelabs has also increased the viability (the number of living cells in the package) over the shelf life of the yeast. Next Gen strains are grown in their unique, small-batch reactors to assure freshness and then packaged in a special film that allows for off-gassing, assuring that their viability is absolutely industry leading.
Flocculation: Low to Medium
Alcohol Tolerance: 10-15% ABV
Optimum Fermentation Temp: 65-72°F
Cell Count: 150 Billion