- US-05 produces clean and crispy ales with a well-balanced, neutral character
- Stays in suspension during fermentation for great attenuation
- Highly recommended for American ales and highly hopped beers
- Fermentis active dry yeast offers reliability, ease-of-use, and consistency to home and professional beverage makers across the world
Formally US-56, US-05 is a strain of yeast that creates that classic American profile of clean malt, crisp taste, low diacetyl, and ability to ferment in a wide range of temps. Look for US-05 to be the next popular dried yeast.
This yeast can be pitched directly, but if you prefer to rehydrate, the instructions are below.
Sprinkle the yeast in a minimum of 10 times its weight of sterile water or wort (we suggest 4 oz) at 70°F to 77°F (21 to 25 °C). Do not stir. Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes. Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch the resultant cream into the fermentation vessel.
- Attenuation: 78-82%
- Sedimentation Time: Medium
- Alcohol Tolerance: 9-11% ABV
- Optimum Fermentation Temp: 64-78°F